Meet Our Attorneys
Timothy Johnson PARTNER
Timothy Johnson is an accomplished business and intellectual property lawyer with 25 years of experience practicing law in courts throughout Texas, before the United States Patent & Trademark Office, and in courts around the nation. Tim focuses his practice on helping individual and corporate clients find strategic solutions to complex business problems. Whether it emerges in the boardroom, at the negotiating table or in front of a jury, he firmly believes there is a solution to every problem that will benefit his clients. This motto has earned Tim a reputation for his acute business judgment and success in tackling complex issues.
From 2010 to 2019, he served as the General Counsel for an oil and gas service and technology company that focused both on domestic and international sales. Throughout his career, Tim has established a reputation as a fearless and instinctive lawyer, tackling a wide range of legal issues such as major “bet-the-company” lawsuits, creating an intellectual property protection program which resulted in the issuance of nearly 30 patents, and establishing forward-looking compliance programs.
In 2019, Tim was awarded the 2019 Houston Corporate Counsel of the Year for a Small Legal Department Award by the Association of Corporate Counsel’s Houston Chapter and the Texas Lawbook. His peers describe him as having charismatic people skills and an ability to analyze legal problems from many perspectives to identify creative solutions.
- University of Houston Law Center, Juris Doctorate, 1997
- University of Louisiana at Monroe, Bachelor of Science in Computer Science in 1993
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Northern, and Eastern Districts of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
AWARDS AND HONORS
- 2019 Houston Corporate Counsel Award’s General Counsel of the Year for a Small Legal Department, awarded by The Association of Corporate Counsel’s Houston Chapter and The Texas Lawbook