Meet Our Attorneys
Timothy Johnson PARTNER
Licensed to practice law in Texas for over 22 years, Timothy W. Johnson is an experienced business lawyer and licensed patent attorney. Tim handles and consults on business and intellectual property cases. He also serves as General Counsel for Peak Completion Technologies, Inc. (“Peak”), a leading oil and gas completion technology provider offering in-house engineering, manufacturing, and dedicated service to operators around the globe.
The Association of Corporate Counsel’s Houston Chapter and The Texas Lawbook awarded Timothy Johnson the 2019 Houston Corporate Counsel General Counsel of the Year for a Small Legal Department Award.
Early in his career, Tim established the ability to always face any fear of tackling something new, to trust his instincts, and understand every new experience is an opportunity to grow as a lawyer. He has now won several major “bet-the-company” lawsuits in his work for Peak. He also rewrote and implemented new ethics and corporate compliance guidelines, handled the issuance of nearly 30 patents, and he’s negotiated and signed dozens of manufacturing, distribution, master service, and employment agreements. Of his work, his peers say, “In his role as Peak’s general counsel, he applies [his] strengths, acute business judgment and charismatic people skills to prevent and solve all kinds of issues – legal and otherwise.”
Tim was born in Opelousas, Louisiana, where his father was a Pentacostal preacher and butcher in a small town family grocery store. He graduated from the University of Louisiana at Monroe with a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science in 1993. He earned his law degree from the University of Houston Law Center in 1997. His took his first airplane flight ever to a moot court competition during law school.
- University of Houston Law Center, Juris Doctorate, 1997
- University of Louisiana at Monroe, Bachelor of Science in Computer Science in 1993
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Northern, and Eastern Districts of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
AWARDS AND HONORS
- 2019 Houston Corporate Counsel Award’s General Counsel of the Year for a Small Legal Department, awarded by The Association of Corporate Counsel’s Houston Chapter and The Texas Lawbook